Police Screening – York Region
Please Note: we are currently unable to send volunteers into the classroom due to the COVID-19 restrictions. In the event that you are required to complete the police screening process, you will first be contacted by a JA Central Ontario staff member.
Thank you for participating in the police screening so we can place you at a Toronto District School Board (TDSB) school to facilitate a JA program.
The following instructions are for those who live in York Region.
If you live outside of this area, please click here and select the region in which you live.
Apply Online for your Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Please complete your application online.
- You will need to pick up your final clearance in person (it will not be mailed to you).
- Please note:the Community Resource Centre, located at 10720 Yonge St., Richmond Hill offers an express pick up service.
- Application costs $31 – you can submit your receipt to JA Central Ontario to be reimbursed.
Pick Up your Original Police Vulnerable Sector Check & Submit to JA Central Ontario
- You must pick up your Police Vulnerable Sector Check results in person at the location you indicated on the application (the location cannot be changed after you complete the application).
- Some locations may require you to make an appointment for pick up.
- Download the volunteer letter below and bring it with you. Please fill in the date and your name ahead of time.
- Bring two pieces of valid government issued ID with you – the identification must confirm your name, date of birth and address, and one piece of government identification must include a photo.
- JA Central Ontario office will not be directly notified of the results of your Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- JA Central Ontario will submit the original Police Vulnerable Sector Check to the Toronto District School Board on your behalf. You will not be eligible to enter the classroom if we do not have the original document before your scheduled day in the classroom.
- Please contact your JA contact about making arrangements to have your police check submitted to our office. Police checks can be sent to us at:
JA Central Ontario
Attn: Volunteer Screening
133 Richmond Street West, Suite 405
Toronto, ON M5H 2L3