Police Screening – Simcoe
Please Note: we are currently unable to send volunteers into the classroom due to the COVID-19 restrictions. In the event that you are required to complete the police screening process, you will first be contacted by a JA Central Ontario staff member.
Thank you for participating in the police screening so we can place you at a Toronto District School Board (TDSB) school to facilitate a JA program.
The following instructions are for those who live in Simcoe County.
If you live outside of this area, please click here and select the region in which you live.
Step 1 – Apply In Person for the Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Instructions to Apply in Innisfil or Bradford
- Request an authorization form. We need to sign the form and send the original copy to you.
- Bring the signed authorization form, and two pieces of Government Issued Identification (one must have a photo) with you.
- Application costs $20 – you can submit your receipt to JA Central Ontario to be reimbursed.
- You can apply for the Police Vulnerable Sector Check in person at one of the following locations:
South Simcoe Police Service
2137 Innisfil Beach Road
Innisfil, Ontario L9S 1A2
South Simcoe Police Service
81 Melbourne Drive
Bradford, Ontario L3Z 1M2
Instructions to Apply in Barrie (Barrie Residents Only)
- You can Click here to complete an online application. Due to COVID-19, the Barrie Police Service Office is closed to the public.
- Ensure you complete the application for the Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Please download the JA Volunteer Letter and have two pieces of identification with you: one must be government issued and include your name, date of birth, signature and photo. You will need these during the online application process
- In person volunteer applications are free of charge at this location.
- You can complete your in person application at the following location if you live in Barrie:
Barrie Police Service
29 Sperling Drive
Barrie, ON, L4M 6K9
Pick Up Original Police Vulnerable Sector Check and Return to JA Central Ontario
- When your clearance is ready for pick up you’ll be notified.
- If you live in Barrie and completed an online application, the results will be sent to you in the mail (no pick up necessary).
- JA Central Ontario will not be notified of the results of your Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- JA Central Ontario will submit the original Police Vulnerable Sector Check to the Toronto District School Board on your behalf. You will not be eligible to enter the classroom if we do not have the original document before your scheduled day in the classroom.
- Please contact your JA contact about making arrangements to have your police check submitted to our office. Police checks can be sent to us at:
JA Central Ontario
Attn: Volunteer Screening
133 Richmond Street West, Suite 405
Toronto, ON M5H 2L3
If you have questions, please contact us at 416-360-5252 or email@example.com.