Police Screening – Peel
Please Note: we are currently unable to send volunteers into the classroom due to the COVID-19 restrictions. In the event that you are required to complete the police screening process, you will first be contacted by a JA Central Ontario staff member.
Thank you for participating in the police screening so we can place you at a Toronto District School Board (TDSB) school to facilitate a JA program.
The following instructions are for those who have a home address in the Region of Peel (Mississauga/Brampton).
If you live outside of this area, please click here and select the region in which you live.
Obtain Forms and Apply for Police Vulnerable Sector Check Online
- Please click here to complete your online application.
- Due to COVID-19, it is only possible to complete the application online
- The Peel Regional Police is not currently open to the public for in-person police record check services
- When completing the online application, please ensure you are completing an application for the Vulnerable Sector Check
- If your online applications asks for a volunteer letter, please click here to download our volunteer letter. If you need something with more details, please reach out to your JA contact.
- Applications cost $35 – you can submit your receipt to JA Central Ontario to be reimbursed.
Obtain Forms and Apply for Police Vulnerable Sector Check In Person
- Please click here for a list of locations in Peel where you can submit your application in person.
- Complete the Consent Form and bring it with you.
- Bring the JA Volunteer Letter with you.
- Bring two pieces of valid government issued ID with you: one must have photo, date of birth and signature and one must indicates you reside in the Region of Peel.
- Applications cost $33 – you can submit your receipt to JA Central Ontario to be reimbursed.
Return the Original Police Vulnerable Sector Check to JA Central Ontario
- Your Police Vulnerable Sector Check results will be sent to you from the Peel Regional Police.
- JA Central Ontario will not be notified of the results of your Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- JA Central Ontario will submit the original Police Vulnerable Sector Check to the Toronto District School Board on your behalf. You will not be eligible to enter the classroom if we do not have the original document before your scheduled day in the classroom.
- Your original document can be sent to your corporate contact to be forwarded to our office. If you do not have a corporate contact, please mail or drop off your original document to our office:
- Please contact your JA contact about making arrangements to have your police check submitted to our office. Police checks can be sent to us at:
JA Central Ontario
Attn: Volunteer Screening
133 Richmond Street West, Suite 405
Toronto, ON M5H 2L3
If you have questions, please contact us at 416-360-5252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.