Preparing youth to succeed
in a global economy
EMPOWERING YOUNG PEOPLE TO SHAPE THE FUTURE
Here at JA Central Ontario, we envision a world in which young people have the skillset and mindset to build thriving communities.
We want to make sure all young people are economically empowered with the skills, confidence and networks to shape their future in a way that works for them and those around them.
Start a local business? Set up a community food bank? Land the job of their dreams? Save for that trip of a lifetime to Asia? Buy their grandma a Ferrari? No matter what they dream of, through JA Central Ontario they will build the skills, practice the thinking and meet the people who will help them get there.
Together with a dedicated network of volunteers, partners and educators, we deliver immersive learning experiences for students in grades 3-12, focusing on work readiness, financial health, entrepreneurship and more. JA students benefit from real-world work experience and know-how, transforming their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and aspirations as they build their futures.
As young Canadians plan a future in the wake of a global pandemic and a rapidly changing world, JA learning experiences are more important than ever. By building a wide range of skills and nurturing self-belief, JA prepares young people for the future of work, teaches them how to think entrepreneurially, and ensures they have the tools to be financially capable adults.
Our work covers Halton, Peel, Toronto, York, Durham and Simcoe regions. We are part of the world’s largest and most-impactful youth-serving NGOs – JA Worldwide – and work closely with our national network, JA Canada.
We are proudly accredited by Imagine Canada.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and talents in our staff, volunteers, and boards to reflect the geographies and communities we serve. The JA global mission upholds the principles of diversity and inclusion not only as guiding directives in our programs, but in the day-to-day commitments we have to one another as peers, participants, alumni, and friends.
Exposure to new people, ideas and perspectives strengthens the individual, building character and inspiring them to new horizons.
JA Central Ontario inspires and prepares young people to succeed in a global economy.
A world in which young people have the skillset and mindset to build thriving communities.
- Believe in the boundless potential of young people
- Advocate for relevant, hands-on learning
- Teach principled, market-based economics and entrepreneurship that build a more sustainable world
- Approach our work with passion, honesty, integrity, and excellence
- Seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and talents in our staff, volunteers, and boards to reflect the geographies and communities we serve
- Nurture the power of partnership and collaboration
Board of Directors
Chair, Board of Directors
Technology Entrepreneur and Financial Services Executive
Vice Chair, Board of Directors
National Chief Operating Officer & Toronto Office Managing Leader
Treasurer; Chair, Operations Committee; Chair, Audit Committee
Partner, Audit, National Sector Lead, Insurance
VP, Transformation Management Office
Vice President, Head of FICC Strategic Initiatives
Vice President, Corporate Affairs
Aecon Group Inc.
Regional Vice President, North Toronto Region
Director, Corporate Partnerships, Canada's Children's Hospital Foundations
Creative Director Consultant
Senior Principal, Taxation
Past Chair, Board of Directors
Senior Vice President, Global Business Payments
Chief Marketing Officer
Director, Emerging Leader
Senior Strategic Manager
Chair, Golf Committee
Partner, Government & Public Services
SVP Strategy & Transformation
Chair, Governance & Nominations Committee
Cindy Wahler Psychology Professional Corporation
Jennifer Holmes Weier
President and CEO
Senior Director, Programs
Senior Director, Finance and Operations
Senior Director, Corporate & Community Partnerships
GovernorsMeet our Governors
We couldn’t empower a new generation without the support of our generous partners – thank you!
- AEO Foundation
- Antares Capital
- Association of Corporate Growth
- Avanade Canada Inc
- Axis Capital
- Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
- Breakwater Financial
- Burgundy Asset Management
- Canada Life
- Community Trust
- Continental Casualty Company (CNA)
- Colliers International
- CWB Maxium
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- FactSet Canada Inc.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.
- Franklin Templeton Canada
- Goldman Sachs
- Highcourt Breckles Group
- Instar Asset Management Inc.
- Jarislowsky Fraser Ltd.
- KLM Consultancy Inc.
- KingSett Capital
- Knowledge First Financial
- Liberty Mutual Canada
- Marsh McLennan
- National Bank of Canada
- No Fixed Address
- Osler Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Realstar Management
- SAP Canada
- Soroc Technology
- State Street Corporation
- Sun Life
- Sutter Hill Development Corporation
- TC Energy
- TELUS Friendly Future Foundation
- Thomas, Large and Singer (TLS)
- Torys LLP
- Trisura Gurantee Insurance Company
Foundations And Government
- The Actuarial Foundation of Canada
- A.W.B. Charitable Foundation
- The Catherine and Maxwell Meighen Foundation
- Community Foundation of Mississauga
- Ontario Government, Ministry of Education
- Rideau Hall Foundation
- The Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund
We couldn't impact our students without the support of generous individual donors. Thank you to everybody who has helped us raise funds to empower a new generation.
You can find a full list of our donors in our Annual Report